Sailor Moon Drinks — Act III: Rei

1:24 PM


I mentioned in the previous post I made in this series that Ami was my favorite Scout growing up. I don't remember paying much attention to the other girls, really. I mean, of course, I didn't pay much attention to plot or anything either, considering I couldn't watch anything in order, only what happened to be on TV, so most of my impressions were formed much later than when I first fell in love with the show at six years old.


When I was older and started watching it again, I immediately gravitated toward Usagi. She got so much flack for crying too much and being childish, but she stayed true to herself no matter what. I kind of prefer the Usagi we see before she gets together with Mamoru, though, honestly. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love their relationship, but sometimes it can be fraught with so much unnecessary dramawhich, hey, when you're reincarnated soulmates from different planets, that's totally understandablebut not really my thing, currently.

I guess that's where Rei came in. Headstrong, fire-y, relatable Rei. She's adamant in her beliefs and opinions, she has a quick fuse, she's sometimes a little irrational, and she's a really good friend, through and through.

And when that happened, is when the idea for this drink came to me. A drink that looks like fire.


And also, completely on accident, a little bit like planet Mars itself. Huh.


Rei's Raspberry Flame

  • 1-2 raspberry tea bags (depending on desired intensity)
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • Honey and/or agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
  • Milk of choice
  • Whipped cream
  • Red & yellow food coloring
1.) Add 1/4 cup of boiling water to a mug holding raspberry tea bag/s.
2.) Add a teaspoon of honey + a teaspoon of agave, or whatever sweetener you'd prefer, until desired sweetness is reached. Set aside to cool.
3.) I made my own whipped cream using heavy cream & a mixer, but you can do whatever you'd like! After it was whipped up, I stirred in food coloring until I got the shade of orange I wanted, then put it in an icing tool.
4.) Put ice in a cup, pour the tea over it, and fill up the rest of the way with milk. Stir to combine, then swirl the whipped cream on top!


I used to drink these all the time during Summer a few years ago, sans the whipped cream, and using vanilla coffee creamer instead of almond milk. It's really good with a variety of fruit teas, (maybe even regular tea, though I've never tried it) and just a very refreshing drink for anytime! Let me know if you try it out!! 

 Alyssa

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. This sounds amazinggg

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I loved Sailor Moon growing up, Rei was my favorite. She still is right now! I tried watching the entire show a few years back but it was just a bit much, I didn't realize how many seasons they had and for whatever reason I usually can't finish shows that have more than 50 episodes. Seriously, I think Fullmetal Alchemist has like, 53 episodes - I watched it twice and was never able to get past the high 40s for whatever reason, even though it's one of my favorite series.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know what you mean!! I tried watching it a few months ago and I only made it into the 80s somewhere, and there's well over a hundred of them. Yikes. I really need to buckle down & finish it at some point. And speaking of FMA, I really need to go watch those all the way through, too!! Hahah I started liking all of these shows when they came on TV sporadically, and never in order, so the plot never made much sense. Hallelujah for the internet. I know what you mean about not being able to finish them though—I have a hard time sitting through a movie most of the time. ;p

      Delete
  3. looks yummy! i was wondering how you edit your pictures and how you add the font?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I use picmonkey! It's such a handy lil website. I also get fonts from here so I have more to choose from than their default ones. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks really good, and really unique I don't think I've ever seen someone make something like this before!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cool series!! The drink looks awesome and really reminds me of Mars! When I was a kid, Sailor Pluto was my favorite because she was dark skinned like me lol but when I got a little older I started to really like Lita/Sailor Jupiter because she was tough but still sweet and caring. Plus she loved to bake, and had those really pretty rose earrings! :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤