Best Makeup Gurus for Hooded Eyes

12:43 PM


I've been so interested in makeup for as long as I can remember. I remember being young at a babysitter's house, and there were a handful of other girls my age there, and on occasion she would let us all play with some of her makeup. We went hog wild. And when my mom finally started letting me wear a little of my own? Oh, boy.

Naturally, because of this interest, when I was fourteen I stumbled on "beauty gurus" (I don't really hear them called that much anymore?) on YouTube, and my love of watching makeup videos bloomed and never went away.

One thing I have always had an issue with was getting my makeup to come out the way that so many girls were doing it, and I couldn't figure out why. Am I just inept? Is it my tools? What am I doing wrong?

It was only a couple of years ago that I learned that it was because there are so many different eye shapes, and what works on one may not work on another. I have slightly hooded eyes, so there are adjustments that have to be made to make things work on that type of lid. I started trying to watch more women that had hooded lids so that I could properly learn how to apply makeup to them, and these are some of the lovely ladies I've found.

1.) Bubzbeauty  Bubz is one of the two first beauty YouTubers I discovered back in 2008, the other being Michelle Phan. I've always found her so endearing and bubbly, and since those were the days of webcam videos, her quality has only gotten more lovely with time.


2.) Carly Humbert  I've only been watching Carly for about a year now, but she has some of the prettiest makeup looks. I wasn't really aware that people with hooded lids could pull off so many variations of things, but she does it so well, and that inspires me to try it.


3.) Tanya Burr  Tanya Burr seems to be a cult favorite these days, and it's well-deserved. Her looks are always so simple and pretty, and she has a very sunny personality that makes her enjoyable to watch.


4.) Bronte Jones  I've only just started watching Bronte recently, but most of her makeup tutorials are geared specifically towards hooded eyes, and she has some really pretty looks and tips!


Also, an honorable mention for easyneon, because her makeup looks are some of my favorite and inspire me to want to play around with makeup more, and I love the way she puts her videos together.


Hopefully, if you're having the same trouble I was with applying makeup, this will help you! Maybe you have hooded eyes, too, or maybe a different kind entirely. It's definitely worth looking into to find out, if makeup is something you enjoy. Here's a handy-dandy chart to maybe help you figure it out.

And who are some of your favorite YouTubers? (Beauty-related or non, I just love YouTube!) Tell me in the comments! And alternatively, if you make videos, feel free to link your channel and I'll check it out!! You can also tweet me or message me on tumblr!

I hope you're having a lovely week! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love Tanya Burr. I haven't seen the others before so I will have a look at their channels

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay this is so helpful, thank you! I have monolidded eyes, so it's really difficult for me to actually be able to apply Youtube videos to myself. To make matters even more difficult, sometimes I'll have one double lid, and using eyeliner makes my eyes look really uneven. It's such a struggle, I've more or less given up on it.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen Tanya Burr's videos! Thanks for sharing

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great roundup! This will definitely be helpful for ladies with hooded eyes out there!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤