Sweet Pea

11:14 AM



Pet-names are so endearing.

I don't know what it is about them that I love so much, but I've always been someone who doles them out in spades when I'm comfortable with someone, and enjoys getting called them in turn.

Growing up, my parents would call me "Lyss" or "sis," and my dad took a particular liking to calling me "monkey."

Most times, I even like being called "sweetie" or "darlin'" or something generic like that, as long as it isn't done in a patronising manner.

Honestly, none of that is really relative to this at all, just something I've been thinking about. And, y'know, I'm calling this outfit post "sweet pea," so maybe it's sort of relative?


Anyway, I really love these colors together. I find that lately I'm trying to pair things that aren't really my first thought to pair, making more of an effort to mix different colors and patterns.

I'm fully blaming it on the fact that I've been watching too much Sailor Moon. How the wardrobes of a bunch of fourteen-year old girls is so pretty and cohesive is beyond me. Sure, there's a little bit of an unmistakable cringe nineties flair to some of the outfits, but for the most part, they're cute. When I was fourteen, I was wearing jeans, tee shirts, sneakers and a hoodie, without fail, everyday.

I'm so glad I'm not fourteen anymore.


Something about this outfit is so sweet and cute to me; the soft pink and pale green combo somehow immediately makes me think of a garden.

Speaking of Gardens, I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 again. I say again, because I've been playing it off and on in spurts since I was like, 8, and still have yet to beat it. Soon, soon.






I don't really know how this post turned into a weird stream of consciousness, outfit photos and rambling, but there you have it.

Feel free to ramble back at me about yourself, somewhere; tweet me, message me on tumblr, comment here, whatever. I hope you're having a beautiful week so far!! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I LOVE this whole outfit, it's something I would wear myself!! I love pet names too, I have a million of them I use (like chubby bulldog, duckling, bunny, etc) the one I've been using the most lately is angel though!!! Love this post!!! I hope you finally beat final fantasy 8!

    xoxoxox, Naomi | http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! Hahah those are so cute! I've been quite partial to using "sugar" lately myself. ;P Thank you for your comment Naomi!! :)

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤