Summertime Symphony — a playlist for summer

2:19 PM


Summer and I have had a very on-again, off-again relationship. I loved it as a kid, was so jealous of all of my friends who had Summer birthdays and got to have pool parties for them, when I was stuck with a dumb Winter birthday, uGH. And in my early teens, it felt like more of a nuisance than anything. It would get so hot out, but I was too self-conscious to want to wear anything but jeans, so I started to dislike the season altogether.

Now? I don't even like swimming much, I love having a Winter birthday, and you can't keep me out of shorts and dresses. Life is funny, sometimes.

I've started to appreciate it a little more, in a different way, as I've grown. It seems tinged with a rosy nostalgia, and there's something about the way the light plays in the trees at golden hour that just feels like freedom. I think maybe it was the intense love I had for it as a child that makes it feel so nostalgic now. No school, and more daylight, meant long hours spent outside running wild, with an imagination as wide as the sky.

I'll always be a sucker for songs that get me feeling some kinda way, you know? That's my favorite thing about music, how it has this insane ability to totally transport your state of mind. I guess that's part of my love of making playlists.

I like to think this particular one kind of chronicles Summer  from its early feelings of freedom and excitement, to its soft anticipation of winding down into Autumn again.


For endless summer days & its dreamy, starry nights;

II. I Lived - OneRepublic
III. Right Now - SR-71
IV. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
V. Steal Your Heart - Augustana
VI. Electric Love - Børns
VII. Youth - Foxes
VIII. Island in the Sun - Weezer
IX. All Of Your Love - Hellogoodbye
X. Summertime - My Chemical Romance
XI. Secret - Maroon 5
XII. Style - Taylor Swift
XIII. Young & Beautiful - Lana Del Rey
XIV. Southern Constellations - Pierce the Veil
XV. Where Did The Party Go? - Fall Out Boy

What songs give you them Summer feeelz? .... I'm so lame. But, for real. I love to check out new tunes, so feel free to share away!! (✿◠‿◠)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Sounds like a great summer playlist and we definitely do change our attitudes about the seasons over our lifetime.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely. It's very fascinating!

      Delete
  2. Great playlist! I love Youth! Have you heard Foxes' new song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body Talk?? It's such a jam! It has kind of an '80s vibe, which I love. And thank you!! x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤