Gooey Chocolate Chip Pizookies

4:04 PM

Remember how I mentioned in my last post that I have a massive sweet tooth? Yeah, well...

So much for that whole "healthier eating" thing.

Just kidding! Kind of. You've gotta splurge every now and then, right? Every good diet tells you so.

My absolute favorite splurge, as far as desserts go, is warm, gooey, fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. That was, until I stumbled upon the existence of a pizookie.


A pizookie is all the beauty of a chocolate chip cookie, except you get to eat it with a spoon out of a cute lil ramekin, complete with melty ice cream on top....

Also, personallyand maybe this is sheer lazinessbut it's so much easier to scoop the batter into a few little ramekins than to have to space them 1-2 inches evenly apart on a pan. I get kind of fussy about making sure they're perfectly even so they don't end up getting stuck together, so putting them in a ramekin where I don't have to worry about that is so much easier for me. But, maybe that's just the weird perfectionist inside of me.

The best thing about it is it's only six ingredients! It's honestly the only baked good recipe I know by heart. Easy and tasty.

First things first, whip up the butter & the brown sugar.


Then, beat in the egg and vanilla.



Slowly incorporating the flour...


Then, stir in those chocolate chips, and you're ready for baking!



I leave them in the oven for about 15-16 minuteswatching them like a hawk in the meantime, since that extra minute could mean the difference between perfection & unexceptionalI like them slightly undercooked for maximum gooey-ness.



Alright, alright, enough drooling. Onto the recipe!

Gooey Chocolate Chip Pizookies
Cook time: 15 min.
Total time: 25 min.
printable recipe

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips of choice

1.) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.) Cream together the butter and the sugar until smooth.
3.) Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4.) Slowly incorporate the flour, just until it's all mixed in.
5.) Stir in desired chocolate chips. (I use dark chocolate!)
6.) Smooth batter into ramekins, adding more chocolate chips on top if you're into that. (I am.)
7.) Bake anywhere from 15-20 min, depending on how done you like it.
8.) PLOP SOME VANILLA ICE CREAM ON THAT CREATION AND EAT UP.

Go forth, friends, and make the beauty that is this delicious little dessert! And maybe tell me about your favorite desserts... I always wanna talk sweets!!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Um... YUM!!!!!!!!! Hahhahaha I am cracking up at the blur that is your mixing machine hahaha that thing looks like it's going to fly out the kitchen window!! I've never heard of the term "pizookie" before but these look absolutely DIVINE and I LOVEE pumpkin desserts!! YUM!!! Fantastic recipe all around!! <333

    xoxoxox, Naomi | http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahh i know. thank you, iphone camera + shaky hands. ;P pizookies are theeee best!! thank you for commenting lovely girl! x

      Delete
  2. I'm not a sweet-tooth but that looks INCREDIBLE. I'd have enough sugar for a week but um yum?!?! Will have to try this sometime!

    xo Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah oh man, i wish i didn't have a sweet tooth!! lucky you! this definitely does curb you for awhile though. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, this sounds and look amazing! I must give a try SOON!!!

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it IS!!! i hope you liiike when you make it! thanks for stoppin' by!! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goshhhhhhh that looks so yummy! What an amazing idea.

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe it's so good. thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  5. This sound super-yummy! I will have to try them out! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT'S A GIANT COOKIE. OH MY GOD, IT'S A GIANT COOKIE. I'm going to make this and just eat it all to myself with some whip cream while watching a good crying movie! Hahaha <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah YES. that legit sounds like the ultimate way to spend a night, and now i have an urge to do the same. ;P

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤