Of Favorite Feelings & Words;

1:13 PM


I think a lot about certain feelings that I like. Namely, whenever I'm not feeling those feelings.

There's this particular kind of contentedness that I've been chasing for as long as I can remember, and I see it so clearly in my head, and I can almost feel it lingering on the edges of my fingertips, but it just isn't there most of the time.

It's that feeling you get when you think about your favorite memorieschildhood moments, that fleeting Christmas magic, time spent with the people you lovewhen you think about feeling happy and free in this way that permeates your entire being and makes your chest feel simultaneously warm and fluttery.

It seems harder to feel that way as you get older. It comes occasionally, springing up out of nowhere and leaving with quickness that almost gives you whiplash, and then you're grey again.

It got me thinking about whether there was a word for the feeling, and luck of all lucks, I stumbled on the closest thing I could hope to find. But, then I started thinking about all of the other wonderful things I love, and whether they had been encapsulated into a word.

(Hello, and thank you, Google.)

These are twelve of my favorite things & feelings, in a word.


1.) PETRICHOR - a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.

2.) SONDER - the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.

3.) ETHEREAL - extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

4.) ARTICULATE - having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.

5.) AMELIORATE - to improve upon.

6.) CATHARTIC - providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions.

7.) LILT - a characteristic rising and falling of the voice when speaking; a pleasant gentle accent.

8.) ZEPHYR - a soft, gentle breeze.

9.) SERENDIPITY - fortunate happenstance.

10.) HALCYON - happy, sunny, carefree.

11.) HIRAETH - homesickness for a home you can't return to, or a home that never was.

12.) INEFFABLE - too great to be expressed in words.

What are some of your favorite feelings, or words? Or both? Another fun word: Logophile - a lover of words. So let's get sharing some neat feelings and words!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Petrichor is one of my favorite word too. oh and effervescent which means bubbly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Effervescent is so lovely also. :)

      Delete
  2. lovely post. Sonder is one of my favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah, I thought it was so cool to find that that feeling actually had a name, and a pretty nice one at that. :)

      Delete
  3. Sonder would definitely be one of my favorite words too. :)

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a nice one! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete

  4. your blog is just AMAZING!!! i love it !! I shall continue reading :)
    Jadiee'sLittleBlogPPLUSGIVEAWAY

    Jade

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These words are beautiful and feel nice on the tongue when I say them! I like when words sound nice!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I like that, too. :)

      Delete
  6. Wanderlust. My dream is to travel the world! Lovely words - didn't even know some of them existed, haha! Lovely, lovely blog xx

    La'bell || labellwong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's a good one too. Hehe and I didn't either until I started searching! ;p Thank you very much! x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤