Shamrock... Smoothie?

8:56 PM


So, I’ve never had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s.

*horrified gasps*

I know, I know.... I don’t know how I’ve managed it, but it’s just never happened.

I have, however, been unable to miss all of the hype surrounding them. I hear they’re delicious, and the pretty green color is all-too appealing.


And so, in honor of St. Patrick’s day, I made a green smoothie. A little healthier, I’m sure, than a shake from McDonald’s. 

Literally the easiest thing to make, and preeetty tasty.

Green mint smoothie 
  • 1-2 frozen bananas
  • Almond milk (I used the hint of honey variety!)
  • 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract
  • A small handful of raw spinach leaves
  • Optional: whipped cream + gold sprinkles
1. Whirl the bananas up in a blender until they’re getting creamy, adding milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.

2. Once the consistency is about how you want it, add in the mint extract + the spinach leaves, and blend again until the spinach is ground into fine pieces.

3. Pour into a cup + add a little whipped cream on top for fun, and some gold sprinkles for the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I had actually never tried the Mcdonald's shamrock shake so your not alone. Great recipe & definitively much healthier!

    Mafer, Euphoric Wanderlust | Bloglovin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I knew there had to be others out there. ;P And thank you!!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, I'll definitely try it sometime.
    www.zoeandtima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried one either, but yours looks so good, will definitely be trying this out for myself at some point. I've just discovered you blog, and I really love your posts, can't wait to see more! x

    ellie etc | a fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤