Loving Lately #1

4:07 PM


It feels like it's been forever since I've posted anythingor really even read anyone else's blogsand I've missed it! Life's been a little crazy recently, but it's slowly smoothing out and I'm trying to find some kind of routine again.

It seems like when you have a lot going on, that's the best time to fall back on the things you love, and for me, that entails watching a whole lot of YouTube videos, TV shows, and finding new music. These are some of the things I've been loving these days.


Doddleoddle || Dodie is so creative, so fun to watch, and kinda stupidly talented. She covers songs, writes her own, and does the odd beauty-related thing here and there.

Albinwonderland || Angelina makes a whole medley of different videos, from discussing really important topics, like being a critical fan and "fake geek girls," to the occasional cute lil beauty tutorial, and she has a second channel where she makes ASMR videos. She also basically looks like a magical girl, so there's that.

Abby Green || I discovered her through a Sailor Moon hair tutorial, and stayed for everything else. She talks about a lot of Sailor Moon, beauty stuff, and what it's like being disabled

Easyneon || Have you seen her makeup looks??? W O W is all I can say. Definitely go here if you like makeup and want to learn some things. 

ItsWayPastMyBedtime || Carrie has the voice of an angel, looks like Rapunzel, and plays Éponine in Les Mis. Honestly, she just seems like a bright ray of sunshine. She mostly does vlogs, but sometimes she covers songs, or sings her own.



Finding Carter
 || It's season two of this wonderful, emotional rollercoaster of a show, and if you aren't tuning in, you're missing out. Rundown: A girl, Carter, was stolen from her family as a toddler, and she lived believing her kidnapper was her mom until she was sixteen. The police found her and reconnected her with her biological family, where she finds out that she has a twin sister and a younger brother. The family has got a lot of secrets and issues. Obviously, drama ensues.

Ghost Whisperer || I used to adore this show when it was still on air. I've always loved it, but recently it's been on TV almost constantly, and I am easily tempted by the (mis)adventures of spirit seeing Melinda Gordon and her supportive, super dreamy husband, Jim. 

Sailor Moon || I've loved Sailor Moon since I was like six, but as you probably know, six year olds don't really pay too much attention to plots. I'm re-watching the original in sequence and simultaneously watching Crystal, as well. Both are incredibly enjoyable. 

Blue Bloods || I don't know how I've only recently discovered this show, considering it's been on for five years, but it's so, so, so good. Rundown: A family of New York cops go through the trials and tribulations of working in law enforcement, then get together for Sunday dinner, where they chat and/or bicker. Ah, family.   

Camp Rock || It's almost summer again, so naturally, the Disney Channel is airing Camp Rock on the regular. I don't know about you, but I relish the trip down memory lane. Simpler times, when the Jonas Brothers were pure, and Demi Lovato was the new, fresh face of Disney. I was so obsessed with both of them back then. I don't care what anyone says, these movies were great. The first movie is every tween girl's dream, and the second has some killer choreography. The music in both of them is so catchy. I mean, I'm not saying that "Gotta Find You" was my MySpace song for weeks on end, but.... It totally was. Also, can we talk about "Introducting Me"? Swoon. And "Wouldn't Change A Thing" is iconic. Still a total shower jam.


Hallelujah
- Panic! at the Disco || Never have I heard a song before that simultaneously made me feel like I should be riding down the Vegas Strip, and also in church at the same time. I really love that the sound of this song is so different from anything they've donelike everything else they dobut at the same time, it seems somehow reminiscent of some of their older songs.

Twenty One Pilots || I've only recently started listening to Twenty One Pilots, but I'm really wondering why I didn't sooner because they are so good. I haven't gotten around to listening to their older stuff yet, but their new album, Blurryface, is fantastic. I don't even know if I've ever heard an album that's so diverse in each of its songs the way this one is, and I couldn't be more in love with its lyrical content. Current favorites; Fairly Local, Stressed Out, Ride, Goner...You know what, actually, all of them. Just the whole thing. 

Lights || Only recently gotten into Lights as well, and I'm steadily working my way through her albums. Other than the ones from my Off to Neverland playlist, current favorites so far are; Toes, Child, Quiet & Lions!

What have you been loving lately?? Tell me in the comments! 

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I love the way you did this post. I think I might give the Ghost Whisperer a go again, used to love that show!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You should, it's so good.

      Delete
  2. Your Youtube picks are so good! I just love Carrie - she's so lovely and authentic ♥

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so!! And she definitely is! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the rundown! xx

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding Carter sounds really good, I've been looking for a new TV series to watch, I'll definitely be checking it out!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. I'm obsessed. Let me know how you like it!! x

      Delete
  5. Just followed you, great post! Are they your illustrations? I like the style.

    http://emmajane01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Oh no, they aren't! The TV is clipart + the other two I couldn't find a source for anywhere! I think they're so cute, though. x

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Ghost Whisperer myself! :)
    Also YAY for Lights, she's amazing.

    Creepers and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH yess!! I love LIGHTS (I've told you before, I've been a fan of her since 2009!) Did you see her new music video for Same Sea (it came out yesterday!) I loveee her Siberia and The Listening Album, and her new album is great..she's grown so much over the years! I've also loved albinwonderland for a while on tumblr, her youtube channel is really interesting and she has the best style. She's a real life Bubblegum Princess!! <333 I love this post!!

    xooxoxoxox, Naomi | http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW 2009?? Craziness. It's the best feeling to be able to keep interest in an artist for that long and watch their growth. And ahh no I haven't seen it yet!! I need to look it up. I'm definitely falling in love with all of her albums. :) Hahah and ALB does have great style! Magical girl, Bubblegum Princess, she's basically just an ethereal entity or something. Hehe I'm glad you liked, thanks for commenting lovely!! xx

      Delete
  8. I used to watch Ghost Whisperer religiously while it was still airing and now that you've mentioned it in this post, it makes me want to watch it again. Also, loving all your music picks here! Twenty One Pilots is defo one of my favourite artists ever, as are Lights and Panic! at the Disco! Also, Camp Rock? LOVE. But I love High School Musical more (yes, laugh at me!) and I think the second film would be great for summer, too! Loved this list, and thanks for sharing!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to watch it religiously, too, and I always forget how truly fantastic it was until I catch an episode again. Such a solid show. Hahah YES, High School Musical. Hey, there's no judgment on my end, my first ever blog post's title was actually HSM-inspired. ;P The second film is definitely great for Summer! Actually, let's be real, all of them are. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for saying so!! You're a gem!

      Delete
  9. I used to love Camp Rock! The second one sucked in my opinion but the first one was good :) I also love Sailor Moon and am also re-watching the series with my niece! We bought the DVD and then I realized that hulu.com has it on there for free! Wah! Oh well :P

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST saw this somehow??? Hahah awh that's so sweet! They have it for free on viz, as well! But it's always nice to have a physical copy!!

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤