Classic(al) Beauty—On Morning Playlists

12:16 PM


I'm a firm believer in the idea that how you start your morning will set the mood for your whole day.


That's not to say that things can't change after that, of course, but I think that if you set aside time in the morning to let yourself breathe and relax, you'll be more relaxed throughout the course of the day.

So, recently, something that I try to incorporate into my morning routine is listening to some kind of music while I get ready for the day. I let the music help build me up into whatever mood I want to be in.


Sometimes it's something to amp me upsomething like "Centuries" by Fall Out Boy or "Revolution" by Diplo. Sometimes it's something poppy and upbeat like "Happy" by Pharrell Williams or something by Maroon 5. Most times it's something light and relaxing.

Instrumental music is the nicest thing to get ready to for me, because it feels luxurious somehow. Soft and soothing. My favorite instrumental music to listen to is video game soundtracks, but classical does the trick, too.


Favorite picks from my current Spring songlist 

1. Arabesque I - Debussy
2. Yuna's Theme (HD Remaster) - FFX OST
3. To Zanarkand - FFX OST (Kyle Landry's cover)
4. This Sailor Moon piano medley
5. Past Lives - BØRNS
6. Fairly Local - Twenty One Pilots
7. All About You - Hilary Duff
8. Pas De Deux - Dodie Clark (or Doddleoddle)
9. Castle - Taylor John Williams
10. Lilac Wine - Jeff Buckley (Miley Cyrus' cover)

What about you? Do you include music in your morning routine or are you more of a "listen to the birds chirping" sort of person?





You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Awesome post, thanks for sharing lovely! :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen!! I'll definitely have a look. xx

      Delete
  2. I never listen to music in the morning (does the radio in the car count? lol)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah if it makes you feel good, then I think it counts! x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love your choice of music!

    Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy indie/folk music in the mornings.. i feel like that type of sound goes well with my morning habit of coffee! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like that! I would definitely agree with that sentiment. It seems like it'd be very uplifting for the day as well. :)

      Delete
  5. I do include music in my routine sometimes just to relax myself a little & have fun while getting ready. Yes, there are great compositions of musicians created for video games or movies that are really great to listen.

    Mafer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes getting ready more fun, in my opinion. :) Thanks for commenting! x

      Delete
  6. AHH HiIlary Duff anything is totally therapeutic...I love the comeback she's been making (she's on the cover of Shape Magazine this month!) All of this music is sooo cute...I haven't heard any of these (except for the Hillary Duff one hahaha) it's so relaxing and perfect for the mornings!! I'll admit, I like to listen to really intense house or R&B to wake myself up hahaha but this is 100% my idea of a perfectttt playlist for those lazy lovely Sunday morningss :D soo cute!!! <3333

    xoxoxoxo, Naomi | http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME!! She's so great. I'm glad you think it's relaxing! That's kinda what I was shooting for. I picked a few relaxing ones and a few upbeat ones, like Hilary + Twenty One Pilots, etc. Hahah ooh house + R&B, I bet that definitely gets the blood flowing! Hehe thank you for stoppin' by lovely!! ❤

      Delete
  7. Such a creative post, thanks for sharing your list of songs that get you going in the morning! What a great idea!

    XO,
    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always watch Two and a Half Men while I'm getting ready, it always puts me in a good mood aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah that's a good idea! Whatever perks up the morning. :)

      Delete
  9. Love your pictures! And love your music list more :) Thanks for sharing!

    Syd
    The Style Roll

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an amazing blog! I love the pictures of this post :)

    Hello dear, I’m an italian blogger and what do you think to follow each other here and on the other social networks? Thank you so much! Let me know when you follow me and I’ll follow back.
    Giada, blogger of Being Over the Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your stuff! xx

      Delete
  11. Yessssssssss! You've got good taste!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤