Spring Pastels: A Makeup Tutorial

9:56 AM



As soon as I came up with this look, I could just hear Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada:
"[Pastels]? For Spring? ...Groundbreaking." Because, really? Of course, bright colors and florals for Spring. Of course.

Okay, but, so what if we recycle the same schemes? That's how beauty and fashion work, isn't it?

Anyway! I know we're a few days past Easter now, but I hadn't dyed eggs in years, and I was inspired by all of those little brightly colored little eggs waiting to be found in grassy knolls around the world.


I normally don't do bright eye makeup, so this is a little bit different for me, but I ended up really loving it. Definitely a bright and happy Spring/Summer look.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

xo A

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. AIEE!!! How weird is it that I was thinking of adding bright colors to my normal makeup routine too?! Spring brings out the best in people I feel hahaha. The other day I bought ORANGE and hot pink lipstick...I'm usually just a classic crimson lip person!! This tutorial is serious makeup inspiration!!! The colors you chose are soo cute and spring-y! The video was adorable too!!

    xoxox, Naomi | http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah aw yes! I love it. Omg orange?!? That's so cool! I've actually been considering finding a coral-y lipstick, but it's one of those colors that everyone says is really hard to find a flattering shade in. Also, hot pink sounds super fun! Thank you thank you, you're so sweet!! ❤

      Delete
  2. You are embracing color, I love it. hehe ;} I have been daydreaming about lavender eyeshadow since this year and I just might take the plunge thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yes, I am! :) You definitely should take the plunge, it's such a pretty color!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute and fun eye look! The shades are beautiful on you. I wish I were bold enough to pull off this eye look ;) ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) Haha I used to feel the same way about bold makeup, but I found that it helped just putting it on and wearing it around the house once or twice before I actually went anywhere with it on. ;P xx

      Delete
  4. ooh so fun! this looks great on you x

    cat // je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your video! I'm pretty new to YouTube myself but yours look great. Definitely going to try this tutorial, it looks great on you xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to check out your channel! And thank you!! You're too sweet. x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤