Mood Board #1

8:44 PM


I'd had the idea to make a post like this for awhilemaking a collage of photos that represent your feelings in a more tangible waybut I didn't really know what that was, or what to call it. I have a tumblr tag dedicated to photos like this, a pinterest board, even, but I had no idea what to call it in a blog post.

Then I happened to stumble on With Dignity + Coffee's Mood Board post, and bam. Exactly what I had in mind, except now it was already a thing.

So, I guess that's what this is: A mood board, consisting of photos that feel like home to me, somehow. Things I long for, and words I've been trying to keep in mind lately. My aesthetic, (isn't that what the kids are saying these days??) if you will.

What about you? What kinds of photos feel like home to you, or what would your mood board consist of? I'd love to know!

xo A

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hi! Just stumbled on your blog and love it so much. This blog segment is perfect. Maybe I can share my mood board one day too. Followed you on Bloglovin! :)

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much!! You definitely should, they're fun to make! :)

      Delete
  2. love these kinds of things, all of the photos you chose are lovely :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment + the inspiration! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They're neat, aren't they?? :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  5. This reminds me of one a tag when I had facebook in college. A series of questions about you but answered in a mosaic. This would be a great regular post idea just to see your aesthetic change or become more defined over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's sounds like a really fun idea!! And yes, I thought so, too. I like to think it gives you a better sense of self and what you like by grouping together images that you're drawn to. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this mood board!!! Making them online is so much easier than cutting and pasting them in real life but of course I do both hahaha :D I've been thinking a lot of my aesthetic too...it's interesting to find your voice through bloggin'!! I think I'm super crafty with a touch of nostalgia lately. Everything you posted in your mood board is beautiful!!!

    xoxox, Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hahah definitely easier, but they're both super fun. Crafty with a touch of nostalgia; I definitely see that reflected in your blog, with all of your drawings + DIY stuff, and the '90s posts, which I love btw!

      Delete
  7. I love this! Photos have the power that sometimes words can't even describe. I'm definitely going to try this. If that's your mood, awesome.

    Mafer, Euphoric Wanderlust | Bloglovin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true! You should, it's interesting what it will tell you about yourself. Thank you for commenting. xx

      Delete
  8. I'm really loving that quote in the middle. it is SO true!

    xo, Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm reminding myself of it constantly lately. Thank you for commenting!! x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤