How to Not Run Out of Content Ideas

5:38 PM


I think it's something that every creative person thinks about a lot, whether all of their ideas will one day just... Dry up. Stop flowing. Gone forever.

Which, y'know, sucks, because it kind of just stifles you more. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I've been going through a lot of ups and downs lately in the creative venue of things, and these are some things that have helped me pull myself out of that rut.

SEEK INSPIRATION //

Accept that there will be times when things aren't flowing as naturally and you may feel "blocked" creatively. It's going to happen. It's just how the creative process works, and you're just adding extra pressure on yourself when you worry about whether you'll never feel inspired again. Take a break, do some things you enjoy. Let it come.

LET GO //

Stop hoarding your ideas for the fear that you will run out. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I am so guilty of it, and I'm steadily realizing that it doesn't help you at all. You get sort of afraid that if you start making or putting out all of this content, all these ideas you've stored up, that the well will dry up and you'll have nothing left, but I'm starting to think maybe it's the opposite. I think when you stop worrying so much about whether that will happennot even entertaining the ideathey start flowing much more easily.



RUN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE //

Sometimes, you just don't feel inspired and nothing is coming to you, and in that case, take even the smallest grain of an idea you can muster, and engage it. It will probably suck for awhile, but just push through it, and maybe it'll knock some other ideas loose. Even something as simple as writing down your thoughts, or a stream of consciousness, can help get the ideas flowing!

How do you keep the creative waters flowing? Feel free to share in the comments! :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. These are great tips Alyssa! I'm always struggling with the content on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahah I know what you mean. Hopefully these help some!

      Delete
  2. Great tips!! I like to have A posts and B posts. Obviously the A ones are amazing ones and the B ones are good but not amazing. I like having a list of B posts for when I run out of ideas.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea!! I've never thought to separate them that way. I just have a giant stockpile, but it's hard to keep organized sometimes. ;P and thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I so guilty of fearing I will run out of ideas! The thing is, it's never happened yet. I literally have 37 drafts sitting in my box right now, but I really worry quite a bit that I will dry up. It's time to stop.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's so hard not to worry about it. I wish you luck with it!! :)

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤