Sailor Moon Inspired Drinks — Act I: Usagi

8:15 AM


I've loved the idea of fictional-inspired foods for as far back as I can remember, starting with Disney films as a kid and moving on from there. The idea of combining various forms of media with things like fashion, food, and beauty is something I've always been so enchanted by, and most of the reason I started this blog.

So, I was sitting around one day, and the idea for a drink came to me that would be the perfect embodiment of Rei (coming soon!), and the idea for Sailor Moon inspired drinks just snowballed from there.

I am aware that a Sailor Moon Cafe is a thing that exists, but unfortunately, it's only limited to Japan, and there's little chance I'll be getting to go there any time soon. So, I thought, why not make my own Sailor Moon themed drinks? I tried to embody one of two things: the character's physical design (color scheme/powers) or (as is this particular case) something to do with the character's personality + interests. Usagi has a particular fondness for all things dessert, so naturally, I had to go that route.

I may do another for Usagi at some point that's more inclusive of her color scheme + abilities, but for now, I figured I'd go with something that Usagi herself would very much approve of.

SAME, USAGI. SAME.

Usagi's Chocolate Overload Milkshake

1 frozen banana
1 c milk of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
brownie pieces of choice
chocolate syrup
whipped cream

1.) blend together banana, milk, vanilla + cocoa powder until creamy
2.) add in brownies and blend just slightly
3.) garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and brownie pieces


The nice thing about recipes like this is that it can be easily tweaked to your liking; ice cream instead of frozen banana, regular cocoa instead of dark, cake instead of brownies... Endless possibilities!

If you try it, let me know how you like it!! Stay tuned... Our lovely resident girl genius is up next!

♥ Alyssa

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. omigod. my mouth is watering. and this is such a creative idea! combining food and anime is such a unique idea (i'm gonna ignore all the anime based restaurants in japan for a second haha). i love how you mixed two things you enjoy and also OMIGOD SO MUCH CHOCOLATE I MIGHT EXPLODE

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe surprisingly not as unique as you'd think, but thank you!! I know, Japan has a few different ones that I know of (and possibly lots that I haven't yet heard of!) I always wonder why no one has tapped into that market in America yet!! ALAS. Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't watch anime or Sailor Moon enough to get the reference, BUT I do think that this is a wonderful idea! I'm more of a Butterbeer kind of girl and I'd whip that up anyday, dressed like a Hogwarts Student and all... Hahaha, I loved this!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Ugh, yes! Butterbeer is the best. I'm up for all fictional-inspired foods; they're so much fun!!

      Delete
  3. Woah! This looks so tasty *_* Pretty much so sassy. That brownie tho, so mouth watering. I want to try this soon, this looks so easy and I hope it's really easy when doing it on actual. Haha

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is very easy to do! I hope you like it!! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow this looks so good! I'm going to have to try it <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you enjoy it if you try it! ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh my word. This looks absolutely, mouthwatering delectable. I love chocolate & this looks like the chocolatiest chocolate drink ever. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen Sailor Moon, but that milkshake look so delicious! I love anything with absurd amount of chocolate on it! Food and literature is a great combination, I think it really brings us closer to the characters, and we get to experience them more like actual people!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely agree!! That's why I love doing things like this so much. :)

      Delete
  7. Hehe thank you!! If you do try it, I hope you like!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! There's goes that diet I wasn't planning on doing anyway! Haha! This looks so good!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I literally laughed out loud. Thank you!!! :D

      Delete
  9. Oh my goddddd!!! These look amazing! Scrap dinner I NEED TO MAKE THIS haha xxx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah right?!? Why have dinner when you can have dessert?? ;P Thank you!!

      Delete
  10. Omg I love the theme, and the drink looks sooooooo good as well - I wanna try it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so, so delicious, I have to try it. :)

    la-ailurophile.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!!! i appreciate it very much ❤